Accident Injuries

premier smash repairs katanning western australia

pedestrian injury

If you are injured in an automobile accident, follow these steps:

  1. See a Primary Health Care Practitioner (chiropractor, medical doctor, physical therapist) as soon as possible for an assessment of your injury and treatment advice.
  2. File an injury accident report with the police.
  3. Complete a Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form and send the original signed forms to your insurance provider. Keep a copy for your records. If you are unable to send the form within the allowed time frame, submit it to your insurance company as soon as you are able with a reasonable explanation for the delay.
  4. You will be contacted about the benefits you are entitled to after your insurance company reviews the completed forms. If any additional information is needed in order to process your application, they will contact you.

If you have more questions about the form, the process, or your benefits, contact your claims adjuster or your insurer.

Submit receipts for eligible expenses not covered by Medicare to your Medical Benefits Fund  (e.g. HBF, HIF, Medibank Private) for reimbursement.